When I first saw this holster I had to try it out. I not big on appendix carry. It works well as an appendix for me. The Eidolon works really well as a strong side carry holster. I fact the over hooks and be adjusted. It makes the holster confortable on my belt. I had someone tell me the holster looked balky. It conceals my Glock 19 really well. I find myself returning to Eidolon after trying different holsters. I like it.
Eidolon Holster - Full Kit
The Eidolon is the culmination of over three years of design and development. It is designed to be the most refined and functional inside-the-waistband holster on the market. At the core of the Eidolon is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is smooth on the outside to work in conjunction with the body, belt, and clothing -in nearly any carry position- to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time, the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the holster for their specific carry needs.
The holster shells feature an innovative, adjustable retention feature that isolates the tension solely on the front of the trigger guard. This provides for an extremely clean “feel” when drawing and holstering - unlike other companies’ adjustable retention holsters which simply compress the holster body along the entire trigger guard and/or frame, resulting in a mushy feel as the pistol drags against the inside of the holster.
All Eidolon holster shells are fully compatible with most extended controls, factory and after-market sights of any height (including suppressor sights), any type of RDS mounted behind the ejection port, and most extended/threaded barrels.
The Eidolon Full Kit gives you all the accessories needed to optimize your holster for either AIWB or IWB carry on nearly any body type. The Eidolon Full kit is a tuckable, versatile, and comprehensive IWB/AIWB holster package that can be used with one or both belt attachments and give you hundreds of potential configuration options. The Full Kit includes:
- One holster shell of your specification
- One pair of belt attachments of your choice
- One Tall Spacer for mounting the belt attachment below the trigger guard
- One set of Belt Claws
- One Holster Wedge for right or left hand configurations
- One set of extension wings
- All needed hardware and full instruction manual
- The Glock 26/19/Universal model has a pass-through open bottom design and will fit any 3rd or 4th Gen. Glock 9mm/.40cal double stack pistol. The holster shell itself is equal in length to a Glock 19 pistol.
- The Glock 17 model has a closed bottom design equal in length to a Glock 17 pistol, but will fit any Glock 26/27/19/23/17/22 3rd or 4th Gen.
- Tuckable Overhook Set: Choose between Overhooks for 1.5" or 1.75" belts. Can be used as a pair or individually. Overhooks offer two ride height positons 5/8” up or down, and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment, forward or back.
- Tuckable Soft Loop Set: Can be used as a pair or individually. The polymer struts provide two ride height positions 5/8” up or down and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment forward or back. Soft Loops are adjustable, and will fit 1.25”, 1.5”, and 1.75” belts. The soft loop itself mounts in a slot to allow infinite ride height adjustment within the slot envelope. The loop itself can be rotated to allow infinite cant adjustments forward and back. Once tightened down, little nibs in the strut face lock the loop in place and prevent movement. Tuckable Soft Loop sets are a $5.00 upgrade to the Eidolon Full Kit.
- Tall Spacer Block: Used to mount the Overhook below the trigger guard to allow the Overhook to clear the holster shell and adjust for cant.
- Belt Claw Set: This accessory sets the Eidolon apart from all other AIWB holsters on the market. The Belt Claw mounts to the side of the trigger guard area and juts out toward the belt line. As the belt is tightened, it pushes against the Claw and levers the grip of the weapon into the body. The shape of the Claw is designed to blend into the lines of the holster shell for comfort. It also works in conjunction with the angled sight-channel area to allow the holster to conform to the waistline and virtually disappear under cover garments. The serrations on the face of the Claw are meant to “grab” the pants material to minimize holster movement, but are blunted to prevent damage to clothing. Belt Claws come in sets and can be mounted angled up or down to best make contact with the belt line in any cant or configuration for both right and left handed shooters.
- Holster Wedge: Designed to mount to the inside face of the holster shell toward the muzzle end, the Wedge will help lever the top and grip of the weapon into the body and maximize concealment especially in an AIWB configuration. The Eidolon Holster Wedge is optional, and can be removed if not needed. It is made from a special polymer which is soft enough for all day comfort, yet durable to last the lifetime of the holster.
- Extension wings. Allows the user to mount belt accessories further out from the holster if desired.
DISCLAIMER: “GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.mbH. Neither Raven Concealment Systems, nor this site are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.mbH. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components. For genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.mbH products and parts visit www.glock.com.
Comfortable, many options, and the soft loop struts are a must! Retention is great too.
I've been using the Eidolon to supplement my carry options since August 2016. The one I ordered came with the OWB quick mount straps, which I ended up not liking at all (they are a pain to fasten and the holster feels less stable). I swapped over to the overhooks and that made all the difference for me. I have a couple other kydex holsters for AIWB carry that I rotate with this one, and the Eidolon has become my go-to option if I feel I don't need/want to carry a spare magazine. The holster is quick to get on and off, and the pad on the inside is a nice option to keep the firearm pressed against your body and out of site. I alternate a G26 and a G19 in this holster on a regular basis with no issues. It's really not pricey either for what you get (custom kydex options can run $130'ish not including shipping/tax). It's a good product for anyone looking to try AIWB carry, or someone who carries this way regularly.
Recently purchased and started carrying appendix and the only thing I've found to not be stellar with regards to comfort is the "Wedge". While I realize this component was designed with durability in mind, as an option, replacement wedges of a softer, more forgiving material could be offered. I would definitely invest in one or more of them and replace as they wear out just to gain a little "give" on this area. Not that I would want anything other than black but you could offer in colors. With regards to concealment, it's top notch, the least printing I've seen on any iwb holster. It came highly recommended by a friend that I trust and now I know why. A great investment...
This holster was well thoght out and built. It was immediately cimfortable as an iwb appendix rig. I am now a convert to sppendix. Thanks Matt “jay kweeze” Lol
I’ve got my Eidolon holster all set up and my Glock 19 almost disappears under just an untucked T-shirt. It’s very comfortable to wear. I was worried the wedge would be uncomfortable but not so. I would give this a 5 star rating if the price was a little lower and if the company offered discounts to retired LEOs and or retired military - which they do not do. Shipping was very fast and the parts included were all easy to assemble.
This is my second purchase of the Eidolon full kit holster. I have one holster with soft loops struts and one with overhook struts. I have been using the Eidolon with soft loop struts for 7 months and have been very happy with the comfort and quality of the holster. With the ability to adjust the way the holster rides aiwb you can make it quite comfortable. I have carried the G19 and G36 in this holster without any problem I am very happy with this purchase.
The holster was tight around the slide and started wearing the finish on my Glock. It was also too tight around the trigger guard, even with tension adjustment screw removed. Editor's note: It is very unusual for an Eidolon holster to be that tight. Please contact customer service at email@example.com. This can certainly be corrected for you.
...until they make one that fits my 1911, anyway. I'm very pleased with this aiwb holster. I try to stay fit and have a pretty flat stomach, which usually causes my firearm to print when I go aiwb. This thing makes my G19 completely disappear! It also has a smooth draw and great retention. The only improvement that I can think of would be to offer more model options.
For comfort and concealability, this is as good as it gets. More ability to configure it to your personal needs and comfort than anything else on the market. Also, I can't say enough about the quality of the customer service. They truly want customers to be 100% satisfied.