Just got my short eidolon agency kit. They forgot to send the belt claw in the original package, but sent me the set within 4 days. I bought this holster to experience the AIWB carry and wanted to try different configurations. Love the rubber wedge and belt claw. I did have an issue with the hardware. Some piece were tightened to much and i was unable to get them off because the nut side has nothing to grab on, an allen key type could fix this. Retention screw seems useless because the type of plastic the holster is made of just flexes so easily, but it was secure enough to hold the gun. After the hassel of the hardware the holster does its job exceptionally, and is comfortable. 4stars for soft plastic holster and annoying hardware.
Eidolon Holster - Agency (Ambi) Kit
The Eidolon is the culmination of over three years of design and development. It is designed to be the most refined and functional inside-the-waistband holster on the market. At the core of the Eidolon is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is smooth on the outside to work in conjunction with the body, belt, and clothing -in nearly any carry position- to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time, the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the holster for their specific carry needs.
The holster shells feature an innovative, adjustable retention feature that isolates the tension solely on the front of the trigger guard. This provides for an extremely clean “feel” when drawing and holstering - unlike other companies’ adjustable retention holsters which simply compress the holster body along the entire trigger guard and/or frame, resulting in a mushy feel as the pistol drags against the inside of the holster.
All Eidolon holster shells are fully compatible with most extended controls, factory and after-market sights of any height (including suppressor sights), any type of RDS mounted behind the ejection port, and most extended/threaded barrels.
Agency (Ambi) Kit
The Eidolon Agency (Ambi) Kit is designed to allow government purchasers a simple, single-SKU solution for equipping large numbers of people. This package contains an ambidextrous holster shell along with every accessory and belt-attachment available. This eliminates the need to guess how many left-handed holsters might be needed for a large purchase, while also ensuring that every end-user gets the accessories best-suited to their build and carry-position. This kit is also a tremendous value, since its total price represents a nearly 15% savings compared to purchasing the accessories ala carte. Like the other Eidolon Kits, the Agency (Ambi) Kit is a tuckable, versatile, and comprehensive IWB/AIWB holster package that can be used with one or both belt attachments and give you hundreds of potential configuration options. The Agency (Ambi) Kit includes:
- One ambidextrous holster shell of your specification
- One pair of 1.5” overhooks
- One pair of 1.75” overhooks
- One pair of Tuckable Soft Loops
- One Tall Spacer for mounting the belt attachment below the trigger guard
- One set of Belt Claws
- Two Holster Wedges, one for right-hand and one for left-hand configurations
- Supplemental hardware kit
- Full instruction manual
- The Glock 26/19/Universal model has a pass-through open bottom design and will fit any 3rd or 4th Gen. Glock 9mm/.40cal pistol. The holster shell itself is equal in length to a Glock 19 pistol. It is available in short or long body shield configurations.
- The Glock 17 model has a closed bottom design equal in length to a Glock 17 pistol, but will fit any Glock 26/27/19/23/17/22 3rd or 4th Gen. It is available in short or long body shield configurations.
- Tuckable Overhook Set: Fits 1.5” or 1.75” belts. Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell. Overhooks offer two ride height positons 5/8” up or down, and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment, forward or back.
- Tuckable Soft Loop Set: Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell The polymer struts provide two ride height positions 5/8” up or down and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment forward or back. Soft Loops are adjustable, and will fit 1.25”, 1.5”, and 1.75” belts. The soft loop itself mounts in a slot to allow infinite ride height adjustment within the slot envelope. The loop itself can be rotated to allow infinite cant adjustments forward and back. Once tightened down, little nibs in the strut face lock the loop in place and prevent movement.
- Tall Spacer Block: Used to mount the Overhook below the trigger guard to allow the Overhook to clear the holster shell and adjust for cant.
- Belt Claw Set: This accessory sets the Eidolon apart from all other AIWB holsters on the market. The Belt Claw mounts to the side of the trigger guard area and juts out toward the belt line. As the belt is tightened, it pushes against the Claw and levers the grip of the weapon into the body. The shape of the Claw is designed to blend into the lines of the holster shell for comfort. It also works in conjunction with the angled sight-channel area to allow the holster to conform to the waistline and virtually disappear under cover garments. The serrations on the face of the Claw are meant to “grab” the pants material to minimize holster movement, but are blunted to prevent damage to clothing. Belt Claws come in sets and can be mounted angled up or down to best make contact with the belt line in any cant or configuration for both right and left handed shooters.
- Holster Wedge: Designed to mount to the inside face of the holster shell toward the muzzle end, the Wedge will help lever the top and grip of the weapon into the body and maximize concealment especially in an AIWB configuration. The Eidolon Holster Wedge is optional, and can be removed if not needed. It is made from a special polymer which is soft enough for all day comfort, yet durable to last the lifetime of the holster.
DISCLAIMER: “GLOCK” is a federally registered trademark of GLOCK, Inc. and is one of many trademarks owned by GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.mbH. Neither Raven Concealment Systems, nor this site are affiliated in any manner with, or otherwise endorsed by, GLOCK, Inc. or GLOCK Ges.mbH. The use of “GLOCK” on this page is merely to advertise the sale of GLOCK pistols, parts, or components. For genuine GLOCK, Inc. and GLOCK Ges.mbH products and parts visit www.glock.com.
I don't carry appendix so this may have had an impact. I carry all day every day IWB in the 4 O'clock position. The holster does what it says especially with the wedge and claw installed. It is BULKY despite being comfortable. Normally I'm +1 for pants with an IWB holster with this one it's easily +2. I also noticed if you draw the weapon at any type of angle it gets hung up inside the holster. Straight draw or it snags but then again that's what you are supposed to do. Based on Internet reviews and all those on this site I was expecting the most comfortable concealable holster ever. It is comfortable but you add bulk which ultimately prints. I have more comfortable holsters that are equally bulky. This one will be added to my bag of holsters I wear occasionally. Editor's Note: The cant of the holster can be adjusted by adjusting your belt loops. May allow for an easier draw for you.
I would recommend this to anyone who is still in the search for their every day carry AIWB. Would advise agency kit has all the stuff youll need you customize and more.
After reading many reviews on this holster I thought I'd give it a try. Everyone I talked to said just buy the kit yes it's pricey however you get a lot of options. I'm 5'9", 245lbs so I have a belly, this thing works great for me with no printing. I've found myself a few times after running around checking to see if it's moved. Holster stays in place no issues sitting in chairs, bending to pick things up, or in the truck with seat belts. If your thinking about getting one for yourself, do it you'll be happy with it.
Great holster. Very comfortable for appendix carry. It is a little thicker than the ACR but the retention is much better and seems to stay put better. I would recommend this for any IWB carry and AIWB.
I heard a lot of great feedback on this holster since it came out and finally decided to give the Eidolon a shot when my previous holster just was not working for me anymore. I am 5'10 - 160lbs in fairly decent shape with the previous mentality that a single stack 9mm would be the largest gun I could carry comfortably while still concealing well. After using a single stack 9mm for years I decided to switch to a Glock 19 and have not looked back. The Eidolon configuration I decided on is: Ambi Tall Shield | 17 Shell | R wedge | R Claw | 2 Overhooks and carry around the 1-2 o'clock position. Under a plain t-shirt the gun is unnoticeable but under a plain or plaid button down shirt the gun disappears. For me, this holster is very comfortable in all positions including: sitting, standing, driving, etc. It took about a week to figure out what configuration and place on the body worked the best for me. After using this holster for about a month now in public, at work, and around the house I would recommend this holster. It is worth every penny!
This is the best appendix holster hands down, I can conceal a fullsized glock no problem at all. You can't go wrong with this holster.
I'm very pleased with this holster. The fact that it can be used for almost every Glock is great. The price may seem like a bit high but when you really think about it, you'd spend that and much more if you bought a holster for every Glock in your rotation. I've only appendix carried with it so far but it works incredibly well. I'm able to carry my G17 with the absolute minimal to no printing even though I'm somewhat on the short and slim side. I'm still not used to kneeling down to tie my boots and whatnot while wearing it but I'm certain that I'll get used to it. Very comfortable while seated though. The modularity of it is another plus if you'd like to switch from appendix to strong side. This is a very well made product and certainly worth the money.
I goth the holster a week and a half ago and wore it for foundations of hand gun and WTGB with MDFI in the rain this weekend in an appendix carry configuration. All I can say is this holster rocks. the Lego like ability to configure for the balance of concealment, access, and comfort is bar none the best of any holster in my drawer that I have worn. From concealment in the class strong using hand/weak hand draws, under 3 layers of clothing, with movement and in the rain this holster performed exceptionally. If you want a holster you can try many configurations, is designed to be concealed, adjustable for comfort and that you can actually run a gun from this is it.
I've used many AIWB holsters in the past. My go to was the G-Code Incog...needless to say it's now taken a backseat to the Eidolon. I bought the Agency Ambi Kit with a low shield and I've never been happier. I can carry my Gen 4 G19 or my Gen 4 G22 as the Eidolon works for both. I'm hoping RCS comes out with the Eidolon for 1911 weapons. Specifically for my Kimber Ultra Carry II.