For just being the basic kit, it is pretty comfortable and has VERY little printing through a t shirt when worn. Don’t think I will need the claw/wedge.
Eidolon Basic Kit
The Eidolon from Raven Concealment Systems is the culmination of over three years of design and development. Eidolon is designed to be the most refined and functional Inside the Waistband holster on the market. At the core of the Eidolon system is the holster shell. The shell is precisely fitted to the weapon on the inside and is designed to be smooth on the outside and work with the body, belt and clothing in any carry position to maximize comfort and concealment. At the same time the shell provides attachment points for a host of accessories to allow the user to tailor the system for their specific carry needs.
The holster shells feature an innovative adjustable retention feature that isolates the tension on only the front of the trigger guard. This provides for an extremely clean feel when drawing and holstering with minimal adjustment - unlike other adjustable retention holsters that grossly squeeze the entire trigger guard and/or frame and result in a mushy feel as the pistol drags against the inside of the holster.
All holster shells are fully compatible with most extended controls, any brand or size sights, any type of MRDS mounted behind the ejection port and most extended/threaded barrels.
Basic IWB Kit
Our “Basic” Inside-the-Waistband Eidolon kit is anything but basic. This system is excellent for IWB carry between 3 and 5 o’clock for a right handed shooter. The Basic IWB kit is a tuckable, compact IWB system that can be used with one or both belt attachments and give you scores of cant and ride height adjustments. The Basic IWB Kit includes:
- One holster ambi shell of your specification
- One pair of 1.5" and one pair 1.75" Overhook belt attachments
- One Tall Spacer for mounting the belt attachment below the trigger guard
- All needed hardware and full instruction manual
- The G26/19/Universal model has a pass-through open bottom design and will fit any 3rd or 4th Gen. Glock 9mm/.40cal pistol. The holster shell itself is equal in length to a G19 pistol.
- The G17 model has a closed bottom design equal in length to a Glock 17 pistol, but will fit any Glock 26/27/19/23/17/22 3rd or 4th Gen.
- The Right and Left Hand body shield options feature a long body shield on the inboard side of the holster and a short body shield on the outboard side of the holster as the holster is being worn.The body shield extends to the rear of the slide to help protect the user from the weapon and the metal of the slide from the user. The long shield is cut and profiled to minimize interference with a full firing grip.
- The Ambidextrous Short body shield option can be configured for right or left hand shooters. The body shields are cut to clear the hand completely but yet still help prevent clothing from entering the mouth of the holster and provide a visual and tactile guide for re-holstering the weapon.
- The Ambidextrous Long body shield option can be configured for right or left hand shooters. The body shields extend to the rear of the slide to help protect the user from the weapon and the metal of the slide from the user. The long shield is cut and profiled to minimize interference with a full firing grip. Though unconventional, we’ve found the dual tall body shields to be very useful in preventing clothing from interfering with re-holstering and acting as a great tactile and visual guide “funnel” for the re-holster process. We have not seen any significant draw or presentation issues versus a traditional tall/short or short/short configuration.
This product option exists for only one reason – to make sure you get the holster you want. If you select a Right Hand option, you will be prevented from ordering a Left Hand only holster shell. If you want an ambidextrous option, you will not be able to order a right/left specific holster shell. If you try to put a product configuration in the cart and it won’t let you, read the message and reconfigure your selections to fix it. Please note that for ambidextrous configurations, some additional charges may be added to cover the additional accessories needed.
Accessory Options – Basic IWB Package
- 1.5” or 1.75” belt Tuckable Overhook Set: Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell or the Offset Wings. Overhooks offer two ride height positons 5/8” up or down and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment forward or back.
- Tuckable Soft Loop Set: Can be used as a pair or individually mounted to the holster shell or Offset Wings. The polymer struts provide two ride height positions 5/8” up or down and approximately 15 degrees of cant adjustment forward or back. Soft Loops are adjustable and will fit 1.25”, 1.5” and 1.75” belts. The soft loop itself mounts in a slot to allow infinite ride height adjustment within the slot envelope. The loop itself can be rotated to allow infinite cant adjustments forward and back. Once tightened down, little nibs in the strut face lock the loop in place and prevent movement. Tuckable Soft Loop sets are a $5.00 upgrade to the Basic IWB Package.
- Tall Spacer Block: Used to mount the Overhook below the trigger guard to allow the Overhook to clear the holster shell and adjust for cant.
It took me a while to find a quality holster with a lot of adjustability. This is perfect for my glock 19 with a red dot. It does not scratch the finish and the retention is awesome. I have a skinnier build and it conceals well
This holster did not work very well for me. My cover garment repeatedly got stuck on the clips when attempting to draw. The belt clips were too small for my riggers belt (a likely cause of the aforementioned shirt stickage), and too big for my smaller belts. This prevented the pistol from sitting securely. Also, since it's a "Glock 19/universal holster" the fit was a bit looser than I'd like in a concealed carry holster. The holster is more expensive than the then I settled on to carry my Glock 19, a Bravo Concealment Glock 19 Gen 5 IWB torsion holster. I gave it two stars because it safely covered the trigger, and I didn't find it excessively unsafe, however I can't think of a good reason to buy this.
I am very pleased with the holster I purchased and plan to purchase a few more for a couple of my other handguns. The instructions are easy to understand and the versatility/customization options to fit my personal requirements are revolutionary. I will recommend your products without reservation. Thank you!
If you are in the market for a low-vis IWB holster, I'm hard pressed to find another that presents so many options. I purchased the base package, and it suits my needs quite well as well as my body type, if there are additional needs then the full kit may be required - but I stand by RCS and this product. I've been a long time customer (2010 ish) and I have never had a product fail - period.
After searching the internet and watching hours and hours of youtube holster videos I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the Eidolon holster for my G19 Gen 4. What made me decide on the Eidolon was the vast array of carry options you have available straight out of the box. Whether you carry strong side or appendix, the holster is completely adjustable, secure and unbelievably comfortable. My personal preference is to carry the holster in the AIWB position because it provides a very quick draw. This is even more important while driving because it places the firearm in front of you and mitigates any seat belt interference typically found when carried in the strong side position. Probably the best part of my purchase has nothing to do with the actual holster but rather RCS's customer service. I originally purchased the G19 version but later decided I might be better served with the G17 version. I contacted RCS via email and received a response from Jessica the same day. Jessica offered to switch the my G19 version for the G17 version free of change and in less than a week I had the G17 version. Now that is Outstanding Customer Service! Now if I could only get RCS to make an Eidolon to fit my HK VP9 ....
I love this holster and the features it includes. Its thin, yet sturdy, especially when the gun is holstered. There are many options on how to carry. Either one or two soft loops or over hooks. Ambidextrous. The only thing I would change is to have an option to buy the claw to go with it. The only option I could find was to buy the whole package.
I've been carring my shield in an alien gear and a n82 tactical. Decent holsters but I've grown to hate fabric on any holster and the belt clip screws need a pound of loctite. Also the retention is horrible. I tried bravo concealment for my g19 and I could literally get my finger into the trigger guard while holstered. A friend recommended Raven concealment, so here I am, feeling like the g19 would be heavy and bulky to carry all day and the kydex would hurt after awhile? It's quite interesting how other companies market holsters as the worlds most comfortable holster... The eidolon is easily as comfortable but even more comforting. The retention screw is great. First thing I noticed was how easy it is to re holster the firearm. The gun rides very low (the grip sets on my belt) I thought that would be an issue when trying to draw the weapon but after training it wasn't. Fantastic holster!
Awesome IWB holster. Good retention and comfortable at 3 o'clock or appendix.
Great holster! I like how tight it holds the firearm to my body and the comfort of it whether hip carry or appendix carry. My only difficulty was determining how and where to put the overhook struts. Instructions/pictures lack detail. Found it difficult to determine how many of the enclosed parts to use and where they went.